Welcome to Kaz Amos Counselling ♥
It’s likely that you’ve found Kaz Amos because you, or someone you care for, is struggling through a difficult time and seeking direction, clarity or someone to help you through the struggle.
Kaz Amos may be the counsellor you’re looking for.
During counselling sessions, Kaz (aka Karen) spends time supporting everyday people who are struggling with change, depression, anxiety, grief and relationship issues. As a professional counsellor, her role is to walk beside you as you take steps towards positive life changes and healing old wounds. As a counsellor and client duo, you get to work together in understanding life’s challenges and stressors, learning about the things that get between you and living the full and rich life you want.
Kaz also offers walking (Walk and Talk Therapy) as a part of your counselling, if you choose. Going for a walk and talk offers you a peaceful setting to share what’s on your mind, without being in a ‘face to face’ situation. While walking and talking, the beautiful shores of Lake Macquarie, Swansea Channel and local beaches are at your feet. Applying nature’s remedies, like fresh air and sunlight, is proven to help you through the pain you are experiencing.
Common difficulties she works with:
- Grief through loss or change
- Primary relationship problems
- Family breakdown – working with couples and children
- Past experiences of trauma
- Work or occupational issues
- Terminal illness
- Loneliness and isolation
- Abusive actions towards self and others
Kaz brings with her 20 years of experience and the following qualifications:
- B. Social Science (Welfare) – University of Newcastle, NSW
- Adv Dip Business Management – University of Ballarat, VIC
- Cert IV Personal Trainer – TAFE, Newcastle
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy – with Russ Harris, NSW
- Clinical Neuropsychotherapy – with Dr Pieter Rossouw, NSW
- Currently enrolled in B Psych (Honours) at University of Newcastle, NSW
If you’d like to know more about counselling and therapy and how it can help you, watch this quick video called My Mountain, Your Mountain.